Alloy 4140 Steel Round – Cold Drawn Annealed
- Additional information
4140 Alloy Steel Round, is a cold-drawn annealed steel of relatively high hardenability with its chromium content provides good hardness penetration, and the molybdenum imparts uniformity of hardness and high strength. 4140 Alloy Steel Round responds well to heat treatment and is relatively easy to machine in the annealed condition. 4140 Alloy Steel Round has good strength and wear resistance, excellent toughness, coupled with good ductility, and the ability to resist stress at elevated temperatures.
- Specifications: ASTM A311, A108-13, AISI 4140
- AKA: CDA Alloy Round, Alloy steel shaft
- Applications: shafts, axles, bolts, sprockets, piston rods, rams, etc.
- Workability: Moderate to Weld, Cut, and Machine.
- Mechanical Properties: Brinell = 197-212, Tensile = 95ksi,
- How is it Measured? Diameter (A) X Length
- Available Stock Sizes: 2ft, 4ft, 6ft, 8ft, 12ft or Cut to Size
Stock lengths may vary +/- 1/4″
Please call if you need specific lengths.
2 FT, 4 FT, 6 FT, 8 FT, 12 FT